Meizu along with the 15 series smartphones also introduced its new Halo headset, which is a Bluetooth in-ear headset with built-in laser light in the cable that can flash with the music beat. It uses OSRAM laser diode so the brightness is 5x more compared to traditional LED, says Meizu. It also has CORNING custom side-emitting glass fiber, so the brightness is thorough and uniform. It also has customized app to adjust laser brightness, switch mode and other functions.
Meizu also introduced POP really wireless water-resistant earbuds that has a 5.8g light-weight design. It has touch interaction and comes with a case for charging, and that case has wireless charging. It has an ergonomic in-ear design so that it doesn’t fall off easily even during strenuous exercise such as running and other fitness activities, says the company.
Highlights of Meizu HALO
- In-ear earbuds
- Last light that glows to the beat, dedicated switch to turn laser on/off.
- Three buttons for playback control, volume adjustment, Bluetooth pairing and call capabilities
- Optical fiber from Corning Fibrance and laser from Osram
- Light, thin, elastic and flexible cable offers 360° uniform light
- Frequency Range:20Hz – 20kHz; sensitivity:96db@1KHz
- Bluetooth 4.1 with Qualcomm aptX lossless-audio technology, tri-band equalization
- Earbuds (S/M/L) in three different sizes
- 360mAh battery, 1.5h charging time, battery life with laser light (at 50% brightness): Up to 5h; With laser off: up to 15h
Highlights of Meizu POP
- Graphene diaphragm offers balanced high-frequency and optimized low-frequency sound
- Touch control, double-click and long-press for playback and volume control
- Bluetooth 4.2 with support for Meizu Voice Assistant is (Flyme 220.127.116.11A or later)
- Water-resistant (IPX-5)
- Frequency range: 20Hz – 20KHz; Sensitivity: 101dB @ 1kHz; Power: 5mW; Impedance: 16Ω; Microphone sensitivity: -38dB @ 1kHz
- Weight: 5.8g; Case Weight: About 48g (without headphones)
- 85mAh battery on headset with 3 hours of playback; 700mAh in case with 12 hours of battery life
The Meizu Halo Limited Edition headset (Meizu is making only 10000 units) is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 158 / Rs. 10,510 approx.) and the Meizu POP earbuds cost 499 yuan (US$ 79 / Rs. 5,250 approx.). The wireless charging pad will be sold separately for 99 yuan (US$ 16 / Rs. 1,040 approx.) . These will go on sale in China from April 29th.