itel mobiles today launched the itel S42 and itel A44 smartphones with a full-screen display with 18:9 aspect ratio. Apart from these two phones, the company announced the itel A44 Pro. The itel S42 and itel A44 run on Android 8.0 Oreo and Android 7.0 Nougat respectively.
The itel S42 focuses on selfie as the phone packs a 13MP front camera with dual-LED flash, it has a Fingerprint sensor and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 SoC with 3GB RAM. On the other hand, the A44 is powered by the MT6737M 64-bit Quad-core processor with 1GB RAM and 8GB storage, while the A44 Pro comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage.
itel S42 specifications
- 5.65-inch (720 x 1440 pixels) HD+ IPS 2.5D Full Lamination Display with 285 ppi
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform with Adreno 308 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 13MP rear cameras with LED Flash
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture,120-degree wide angle, 5P lens, bokeh beauty mode, PDAF, dual LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153×73.55×8.25mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
itel A44 / A44 Pro specifications
- 5.45-inch (480×960 pixels) FWVGA+ IPS Full Lamination Display with 196 ppi
- Quad-Core MediaTek MT6737M 64-bit processor with Mali-T860 MP1 400MHz
- 1GB RAM with 8GB storage, 2GB RAM with 16GB storage (A44 Pro) expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 5MP rear cameras with LED Flash
- 5MP / 8MP (A44 Pro) front-facing camera with LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Bike Mode, Smart Key
- Dimensions: 148×70.5×8.2mm
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2400mAh battery
The itel A44 comes in Champagne Black, Rose gold, Red colors, while the Black, Champagne colors and is priced at Rs. 5,799. The itel S42 comes in Black and Champagne colors and costs Rs. 8,499. Both the smartphones will be available through offline stores across India from today. The A44 Pro will be available mid-April, but the pricing has not been announced yet.
Commenting on the launch, Marco Ma, MD, TRANSSION India said,
For us, India is one of the top priority markets and we are glad about the response that we’ve received in India so far. Further building upon brand’s global success story, itel in a very short span of time has become one of the leading brands in India. itel has emerged as the second largest player in the overall mobile phone market in India by capturing 9 percent market share for the year 2017, registering an exponential growth of 217% year-on-year as per industry report. The reason behind itel’s continued success in the Indian market is its dynamic expansion strategy that focusses on meeting existing market requirements through its value plus proposition.