Vivo just announced X21, the company’s latest top-end smartphone in the ‘X Series’ as it had promised. It has a 6.28-inch FHD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display with a notch, 90.3% screen-to-body ratio, 1.66mm narrow bezels on the sides, 1.79mm bezels on the top and 5mm on the bottom. It is powered by Snapdragon 660 with 6GB RAM and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Funtouch OS 4.0 with A.I features powered by dedicated Qualcomm AIE Artificial Intelligence Chip along with the Snapdragon 660.
It comes in standard and in-display fingerprint sensor version, comes with a 3D glass body, features dual rear cameras with a 12-megapixel primary sensor with Samsung 2L9 sensor with Dual Pixel technology along with a 5-megapixel secondary rear camera to capture the depth information. It has AI scene recognition that can automatically detect 17 scenes and the 12-megapixel front camera has AI beauty recognition for a perfect selfie and can output 24-megapixel resolution images.
Vivo X21 specifications
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 Super AMOLED display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 12MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint / In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.45 × 74.78 × 7.37mm; Weight: 156.2g
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 3200mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
The Vivo X21 comes in Black, Aurora White and Ruby Red colors and is price at 2898 yuan (US$ 457 / Rs. 29,870 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB version, 3198 yuan (US$ 505 / Rs. 32,960 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the X21 with in-display fingerprint sensor with 6GB RAM with 128GB storage costs 3598 yuan (US$ 568 / Rs. 37,085 approx.). The standard version will be available form March 24th and the in-display fingerprint sensor version will be available from March 28th