ASUS introduced Zenfone Max Plus (M1) in Russia back in November last year, now at the MWC 2018, it has introduced the Zenfone Max M1. It has 5.7-inch HD+ full-screen 2.5D curved glass display with 18:9 aspect ratio and 82% screen-to-body ratio and has a 13-megapixel / 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF for 0.03 second quick focus and a secondary 8-megapixel rear camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens for group photos. There rear camera arrangement is is vertical compared to horizontal arrangement on the Max Plus M1. It also comes with 13MP or 8MP front camera with face unlock.
It is powered by Snapdragon 430 / 425 SoCs with 2GB or 3GB RAM. It has a metal finish, features a fingerprint sensor on the back, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 4000mAh battery that promises battery life of 41 hours on standby, up to 23 hours of web browsing on Wi-Fi, or up to 16 hours of video playback. It also lets you charge other devices.
Asus Zenfone Max (M1) (ZB555KL) specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 ×720 pixels) HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU / 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 Mobile Platform with Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 8.0 Oreo with ZenUI 5.0
- 13MP / 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 8MP camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens
- 8MP / 13MP front-facing camera with, f/2.0 aperture, 85° field of view (8MP)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 147.3 x 70.90x 8.7mm; Weight: 150g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
The Asus Zenfone Max M1 comes in Deepsea Black, Sunlight Gold and Ruby Red colors. No word on the global roll out yet, but the base Snapdragon 425 version with 2GB RAM, 16GB storage is available for pre-order in Russia for 12990 Ruble (US$ 230 / Rs. 15015 approx.)