Sharp recently announced S3, the company’s latest Android One smartphone and the successor of S2, in partnership with Google running stock Android 8.0 (Oreo). It promise Android updates for 24 months and security updates for 3 years. It has a 5-inch 1080p IGZO screen, is powered by Snapdragon 430 with 3GB RAM, has a 13.1-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 5-megapixel front camera, features a polycarbonate body, but it doesn’t have a fingerprint sensor.
Sharp S3 specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IGZO display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 13.1MP rear camera with LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 71 × 144 × 8.5 mm; 143g
- Water (IPX5 / IPX8) and dust (IP6X) resistant
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 2,700 mAh battery
The Sharp S3 comes in Blue, Black, White and Pink colors, is priced at 32,400 yen (US$ / Rs. 19000 approx.) without contract or with 12-month contract from local operator Softbank.