Microsoft introduced new Surface Pro back in May and said that it will introduce new Surface Pro with 4G LTE Advanced option later this year. Today at the Future Decoded event in London the company revealed details about the LTE model. The Surface Pro with LTE Advanced has Qualcomm Snapdragon X16 Cat 9 modem with support of 20 LTE bands and offers speeds of up to 450Mbps. It comes only in Core i5 version.
Other specs are similar, including a 12.3-inch (2160×1440 pixels) display with 267 PPI, 8-megapixel camera at the back and a 5-megapixel camera at the front and 165-degree hinge. It is not clear if it will offer the same battery life as the WiFi model.
Microsoft Surface Pro with LTE Advanced specifications
- 12.3-inch (2736 x 1824 pixels) 3:2 PixelSense 10 point multi-touch display
- Intel Core i5 processor with HD Graphics 620
- 4GB / 8GB RAM, 128GB / 256GB SSD
- 8.0MP autofocus rear camera with 1080p video recording
- 5.0MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1, Full-size USB 3.0, microSD card reader, Mini DisplayPort, Cover port, Surface Connect
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- 1.6W Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio Premium, Stereo microphones
The Microsoft Surface Pro with LTE Advanced is priced at $1,149 (Rs. 74,400 approx.) for the base 4GB RAM with 128GB SSD version and the 8GB RAM with 256GB SSD version costs $1,449 (Rs. 93,820 approx.) . It will begin shipping to business customers in December 2017. It is expected to be available for consumers only in early 2018.