Sony Mobile introduced its flagship Xperia XZ Premium as the world’s first smartphone with Snapdragon 835 SoC and a 5.5-inch 4K HDR display back in February at the MWC 2017. It was introduced in Luminous Chrome and Deepsea Black colors, later it introduced phone in Bronze Pink as the third color in April, now it has introduced Opulent Red color variant named ‘Rosso’.
The smartphone has the same 19-megapixel Motion Eye camera with 1/ 2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, 960 fps super slow motion videos, Predictive Capture, Anti-distortion shutter, Triple image sensing technology and 5-axis image stabilization for shake-free videos, same as the Xperia XZs.
Regarding the new color variant, Sony said:
The rich, vibrant red is the perfect match for the sophisticated technology it encapsulates. It will set you apart from the crowd and make your smartphone be the centre of attention, both with its looks and its innovative features.
Sony Xperia XZ Premium specifications
- 5.5-inch (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K HDR TRILUMINOS Display with X-Reality, sRGB 138% and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD card
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (Optional)
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive capture, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156 x 77 x 7.9 mm; Weight: 195 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3230mAh Battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Sony Xperia XZ Premium Rosso color variant will go on sale next week, starting from Japan through local operator NTT docomo from October 27th.