Google just unveiled its Pixel 2 XL smartphone along with the Pixel 2 at its event in San Fransico. It packs a 6-inch Quad HD+ P-OLED Fullscreen 18:9 display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform and runs on the latest Android 8.0 (Oreo). It has a 12.2-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Dual Pixel and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It lets you take portrait shots with background blurs, from both the front and back camera and has new motion photos feature that captures a few seconds of video around the shot. It comes with unlimited full resolution photos and videos.
It has a fingerprint sensor on the back and comes with Aluminum unibody with hybrid coating and has Active Edge for quick squeeze to launch Google Assistant.
Google Pixel 2 XL specifications
- 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ pOLED display with 100% DCI-P3 coverage, 100000:1 super contrast ratio, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 12.2MP rear camera with LED flash, OIS, EIS, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, laser + dual pixel phase detection, 4K video recording
- 8MP front camera, f/2.4 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- Water and dust Resistant (IP67)
- Stereo front-firing speakers
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3520mAh battery with fast charging
The Google Pixel 2 XL comes in Just Black and Black & White colors and is priced at $849 (Rs. 55,230 approx.) for the 64GB version and $949 (Rs. 61,755 approx.) for the 128GB version. It will first be available in Australia, Germany, Canada, India, UK and U.S. and will be released in Italy, Singapore and Spain later this year. It starts at Rs. 73,000 in India, will be available for pre-order from Flipkart and offline stores from October 26th and goes on sale from November 15th.