Samsung at the IFA 2017 announced Gear Fit2 Pro, successor of last year’s Gear Fit 2 with a new watch-style clasp. It has a 1.5-inch Curved Super AMOLED screen, has built-in GPS and runs Tizen OS, similar to the predecessor. It is 5 ATM certified for water resistance in up to 50-meters of water and has Speedo’s swimming training app Speedo On that lets you track key swim metrics including lap count, lap time, stroke type and more.
It is also MIL-STD-810G certified for durability so that it can handle a wide-range of environments. It also has Spotify with support for Offline mode.
Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro specifications
- 1.5-inch (216 x 432 pixels) Curved Super AMOLED display, 310 ppi
Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- 5 ATM water resistance, MIL STD 810G
- Tizen OS (Compatible with Andr phones running Android 4.4 or later iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6S, 6s Plus, SE, 5 with iOS 9.0 or later)
- Standalone music player
- Dimensions: 51.3 x 25.0 mm; Weight: 34g (Large), 33g (Small)
- Bluetooth v4.2, , Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, HRM, Built-in GPS, Barometer
- 200mAh battery with up to 5 days of battery life with occasional use and 3 to 4 days with average use
The Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro comes in Black and Red colors in small and large sizes, is priced at $199 (Rs. 12,730 approx.) and will roll out starting from September 15th.