Microsoft has officially introduced Surface Laptop running Windows 10 S targeted at college students. It has a 13.5-inch PixelSense edge-to-edge display with immersive touchscreen and ultra-thin bezel. It also has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and up to 14.5 hours of battery life.
It has Alcantara fabric-covered keyboard with responsive keyset, large trackpad and soft palm rest offering typing comfort and has anodized metal on the outside. It also comes with comes with an offer for one-year subscription to Office 365 Personal and 1TB of free storage on OneDrive.
Microsoft Surface Laptop specifications
- 13.5-inch (2256 x 1504 pixels) PixelSense 10 point multi-touch Display with 3:2 aspect ratio,Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 7th Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processor with Intel HD 620 (i5) / Intel® Iris Plus Graphics 640 (i7)
- 4GB, 8GB, or 16GB RAM, 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB SSD
- Windows 10 S
- 720p HD front-facing camera
- 3.5mm headphone jack, Stereo microphones, Omnisonic speakers with Dolby Audio Premium
- Ambient light sensor, TPM chip for Enterprise-grade protection with Windows Hello face sign-in
- Dimensions: 308.1 x 223.27 x 14.48 mm; Weight: 1.25kg
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, Surface Connect
- Up to 14.5 hours of video playback
The Microsoft Surface Laptop comes in Platinum, Graphite Gold, Cobalt Blue and Burgundy colors, but all the four color options are only available in i5-7200U 8GB/256GB model, while other versions comes in Platinum. It starts at $999 (Rs. 64090 approx.) for the base Core i5 model with 4GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD, is available for pre-order starting today and will be available from June 15th.