Meizu today announced E2, the company’s latest smartphone in the ‘E series’ in China, as it had promised. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P20 processor and runs on Flyme OS 6.0 powered by YunOS. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with 4-LED dual-tone flash arranged in the antenna bands that promises bright and clear images even in poor lighting conditions. It also has an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a mTouch fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds and can also be used for secure payments. It has unibody metal design and a 3400mAh built-in battery with support for fast charging that lets you charge the phone up to 40% in just 30 minutes.
Meizu E2 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) LCD display with 1000: 1 contrast ratio, 450cd / m² brightness
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio P20 Octa-Core 64-bit 16nm processor with ARM Mali T880 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4X RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Flyme 6.0 based on YunOS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13 MP rear camera with 4-LED dual tone Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.7 x 75.7 x 7.5mm; Weight: 155g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, GLONASS
- 3400mAh battery with fast charging
The Meizu E2 comes in Black, Moonlight Silver and Champagne Gold colors, is priced at 1299 yuan (US$ 188 / Rs. 12,070 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1599 yuan (US$ 230 / Rs. 14,870 approx.). It is available for order from today and goes on sale from April 29th.