Gionee today announced M6S Plus smartphone, successor of last year’s M6 Plus in China as it had promised. It packs a 6020mAh battery with fast charging support with dual charging chip and a 6-inch 1080p AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display similar to the predecessor but it is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 653, has 6GB of RAM with 64GB of 256GB storage option and a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.9 aperture, dual pixel focus tech.
It also comes with an encrypted chip to secure a user’s personal data and also for secured calls and SMS, in the Chinese version and has EAL4 + security certification offering two-level fingerprint encryption.
Gionee M6S Plus specifications
- 6-inch (1920× 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB /256GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with micro SD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.5
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm Pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.4um pixel size
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 80.9 x 8.25mm; Weight: 215g
- Fingerprint sensor, Encrypted chip (China only)
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 6020mAh battery with fast charging
The Gionee M6S Plus comes in Ink Black color, is priced at 3499 yuan (US$ 508 / Rs. 32,750 approx.) for the 64GB version and the 256GB version costs 4299 yuan (US$ 625 / Rs. 40,240 approx.). It is now available for pre-order in China and goes on sale next month.