Amazon today launched Fire TV Stick, its latest streaming device that plugs into an HDTV that lets you watch movies, TV shows, use apps and play games. It is powered by quad-core MediaTek processor and has 802.11ac dual-band WiFi. It also comes bundled with a voice remote that lets you search Amazon Video content using just your voice and offers spoken language support for Indian customers in Hindi and English.
Amazon Prime Video also launched Baahubali: The Lost Legends, Suicide Squad, and a stand-up comedy special by Kenny Sebastian exclusively for Prime members.
Amazon Fire TV Stick specifications
- 1.3 GHz Quad-core MediaTek processor with Mali450 MP4 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage
- Dimensions: 85.9x 30.0 x 12.6mm; Weight: 32g
- Dual-band 802.11ac WiFi s 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1
- Dolby Audio, 5.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass-through up to 7.1
- Ports: HDMI output, Micro-USB for power
- Content Formats Supported Video: H.264 1080p30H.265 1080p30, Audio: AAC-LC, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (eAAC+), AC3 (Dolby Digital), eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MIDI, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, AMR-NB, AMR-WB
- Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is priced at Rs. 3,999 and is available from Amazon.in.
It also comes with introductory offers that include:
- Rs. 499 Amazon Pay credit for customers who purchase a Fire TV Stick and sign up for an annual Amazon Prime membership
- 105 GB free data (35 GB per month for 3 months) for Airtel broadband and 4G home Wi-Fi devices
- 240GB free data (80 GB each month for 3 months) for YOU Broadband Customers
- Free 3 months of Premium Eros Now Subscription
- Ad-Free Streaming on Gaana for 6 months
- One month of ad-free streaming from Voot and Voot Kids.