Yesterday, we saw a press image of the Samsung Galaxy S8. Now, live images of the upcoming flagship from Samsung has surfaced that shows the phone from all angles.
The live images obtained by BGR are in sync with the press image of the phone. The Galaxy S8 sports a 5.8 inch curved screen with really narrow bezels and an iris scanner at the top. Samsung has ditched the home button and there are three on-screen touch buttons that will mostly be customizable.
The left side houses volume rockers and most probably button to activate the smart voice assistant Bixby while the power button is present on the right side.
At the bottom you can see the USB Type-C port, a standard 3.5mm headphone jack and microphone.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ rumored specification
- S8 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- S8+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- S8 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S8+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2017 will take place at 11:00 a.m. EDT (9:30 PM IST) in New York on March 29, 2017. The Galaxy S8 with a 5.8-inch display is said to retail for €799 (US$ 850 / Rs. 56830 approx.) and the 6.2-inch S8+ is said to cost €899 (US$ 956 / Rs. 63,947 approx.) and both the phones are expected to go on sale on April 21.