The Sony Xperia Touch just got official as the company unveiled the new Android projector with multi-touch at the ongoing MWC 2017 event in Barcelona.
This new Xperia Touch is capable of beaming a horizontal or vertical image using Sony’s SXRD projection display technology.
This touch on the virtual image is made possible through a combination of Infrared light and real-time detection via its built-in camera, at a rate of 60 frames-per-second. It provides real-time weather information, a memo board, calendar access and a Skype portal for video chat.
Sony Xperia Touch specifications
- 0.37-inch (1366×768) SXRD three primary colors LCD shutter projection system
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB eMMC inbuilt storage
- 13MP Exmor RS for mobile camera
- Android 7.0, Nougat
- Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, NFC, HDMI Type-D, Wi-Fi (SISO): 11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Dimension: 69 x 134 x 143 mm; weight: 932 grams
- Sensors: e-Compass, GPS, Ambient, Light, Barometer, Temperature, Humidity, Human detection
It works on all the apps or games in this case downloaded from the Google Play Store. The Xperia Touch will be available for sale on Europe through selected retailers and the Xperia Store Online in selected countries from Spring 2017, at a price of €1499 (approx Rs. 1,05,780).