Vivo has launched Y55s, the company’s latest smartphone in the ‘Y Series’ in India. It has a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 SoC, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Funtouch OS 3.0 on top, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dedicated SIM slots, split-screen feature for multitasking and a unique eye protection mode that ensures comfortable screen brightness by reducing blue light that causes strain on the eyes.
Vivo Y55s specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D curved-edge display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with Adreno 308 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Funtouch OS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2730mAh battery
The Vivo Y55s comes in Crown Gold and Space Grey colors and is priced at Rs. 12,490. It will be available across India from February 26th.
Commenting on the launch, Kent Cheng, CEO of Vivo India said:
After the success of Vivo V5 Plus, we hereby strengthen our Y series portfolio with the launch of this power packed device, the Y55s. We at Vivo are motivated by our endeavor to consistently set industry benchmarks by offering best in class features at affordable prices. Focused on our commitment in servicing customer satisfaction through quality products, we are hopeful that our latest innovation will be as successful as our previous offerings. We are confident that Vivo will have a great run in the year 2017.