Meizu today sent out invites for a new smartphone launch event in China on February 15th, a day after Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 4X event. Meizu is expected to introduce m5s, successor to last year’s m3s that got certified by TENAA back in December. According to the teaser the smartphone will come with improved fast charging, however the design is expected to be same as m3s.
Meizu m5s rumored specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor with Mali-T760 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS 6.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 148.2×72.53×8.4mm; Weight: 138g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / GLONASS
- 2930mAh battery with fast charging
The Meizu m5s will come in Silver, Gray, Gold and Rose Gold colors and is rumored to start at 999 yuan (US$ 145 / Rs. 9,760). The Meizu event takes place at Beijing Performing Arts Center and starts at At 3:00 PM (12:30 PM IST) on February 15th.