Samsung just launched Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier smartwatches in India, as it had promised. These were introduced IFA 2016 back in September last year, have a 1.3-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED Always On Display with Corning Gorilla Glass SR+ protection, rotating bezel and IP68 ratings for water resistance.
These have NFC, built-in speaker for activate voice messaging and music listening, and GPS. The Gear S3 frontier includes LTE connectivity and offers a rugged outdoor look, while the Gear S3 classic offers minimalist, elegant look.
Samsung Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier Specifications
- 1.3-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED Always On display, 278ppi
- 1GHz Dual-Core processor
- 768MB RAM, 4GB internal memory
- Tizen based wearable platform 2.3.2
- Built-in speaker
- Compatible with Android and iOS
- IP68 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- 3G/4G LTE (Gear S3 frontier), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, MST, A-GPS/Glonass
- Dimensions of classic: 46 x 49 x 12.9; Weight: 57g (without band)
- Dimensions of frontier : 46 x 49 x 12.9; Weight: 62g (without band)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- 380mAh Li-ion battery with wireless charging (WPC Inductive), up to 4 days of battery life
The Samsung Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier are priced at Rs. 28500, each and will go on sale in India from January 18th.
Commenting on the launch, Manu Sharma, Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India, said:
With the Gear S3, we continue to build on our wearables heritage of offering diverse choices to enhance consumers’ unique lifestyles.With the new Gear S3, we expand our Gear collection and introduce not only a great smartwatch, but a great watch. With smart capabilities and sophisticated, elegant design, the Gear S3 marks a significant addition to our smartwatch portfolio.