Xiaomi’s VP Hugo Barra at the company’s Mi Pop event announced the launch of Mi VR Play headset in India. It was introduced in China back in August this year and has a zipper design so that the phone doesn’t fall out when moving the headset. It uses Lycra fabric (nylon + spandex) and EVA that is lightweight, skin-friendly and doesn’t cause discomfort when using it for longer period. It can fit phones from 4.7 to 5.7 inches in size. Since it has openings on the front, you can adjust the phone if it moves and ventilation.
Highlights of Xiaomi Mi VR Play
- Google Cardboard compatible
- View 360-degree YouTube videos, Mi Live VR livestreams
- Enjoy panoramic VR photos on Cardboard camera
- Explore 360-degree Google Camera photo spheres
- Massive VR app library on Google Play
- Innovative two-way zip, lightweight Lycra, adjustable straps
- Anti-reflective lens, textured metal button
- Dimensions: 201 x 107 x 91mm; Weight: 208.7 grams
- Fits 4.7″-5.7″ phones
The Xiaomi Mi VR Play is priced at Rs. 999 and will go on sale in India on mi.com starting from December 21st at 12pm. There will be limited edition Mi VR Play headsets with colorful designs that will be up for sale. We recently unboxed the Mi VR Play headset, check it out if you are planning to buy it.
Xiaomi also officially launched Mi Live live stream app in India. Regarding the app, Xiaomi said:
Mi Live is our livestream app where you can share your daily thoughts, music talents, fitness tips, and more with the world.It has several built-in features like video chat and Beautify. In Mi Live, you can talk to the hosts, send comments, and they can respond to you in real time. It’s very interactive.