Google just unveiled its Pixel XL smartphone along with the Pixel in the new ‘Pixel series’ at its San Francisco event. It packs a 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED display, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat). It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the Pixel XL.
It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back and a glass and aluminium back. It comes with unlimited cloud storage.
Google Pixel XL specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560×1440 pixels) AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB / 128GB internal storage
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Fingerprint sensor
- 12.3MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, 1.55umpixel, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, LDAF
- 8MP front camera
- 3 microphones, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 154.7 x 75.7 x 8.6 mm; Weight: 168g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3450mAh battery
The Google Pixel XL comes in Quite Black, Very Silver and limited edition Really Blue colors and is priced at $769 (Rs. 51,240 approx.) for the 32GB version, while the 128GB version costs $869 (Rs. 57,880 approx.) . It will be available for pre-order in the US, Australia, Canada and Germany starting today. It will be available for pre-order in India on Flipkart online and retail stores from October 13th.