GoPro has officially announced its Karma Drone along with its HERO5 action cameras. It is compact, fits in a small backpack and includes an image-stabilization grip that can be handheld or mounted to vehicles, gear.
GoPro Karma Highlights and specifications
- Compact and foldable, the entire system fits into the included backpack that’s so comfortable to wear during any activity.
- A game-style controller features an integrated touch display without the need for a separate phone or tablet to see what your drone sees.
- The 3-axis camera stabilizer can be removed from the drone and attached to the included Karma Grip for capturing ultra-smooth handheld and gear-mounted footage.
- Maximum Speed 35 mph (15 m/s)
- Maximum Distance 3280ft (1000m)
- Maximum Flight Altitude 14,500ft (4,500m)
- Maximum Wind Resistance 22mph (10m/s)
- Operating Frequency 2.4GHz
- Dimensions (Opened/No Propellers) Length: 12in (303mm); Width: 16.2in (411mm); Height: 4.6in (117mm)
- Dimensions (Folded/Transport) Length: 14.4in (365.2mm); Width: 8.8in (224.3mm); Height: 3.5in (89.9mm)
- Propeller Length 10-inches (25.4cm)
- Weight 1006g
- Karma Controller – 5-inch HD display, up to 4 hours of battery life
- 5100mAH (75.4Wh) Li-Po battery with Up to 20 minutes of flight time
The GoPro Karma without a GoPro camera is priced at MSRP of $799.99 (Rs. 53,610 approx.) and will be available from October 23rd. It also comes as Karma with HERO5 Black bundle for $1099.99 (Rs. 73,715 approx.). Karma bundled with HERO5 Session will be available for $999.99 (Rs. 67,015 approx.) will arrive in early 2017.