LG just announced V20, the company’s latest top-end smartphone in the ‘V series’ at an event in San Francisco. It has a 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Quantum display, a 2.1 second (160 x 1040 pixels) screen, similar to the V10, but this is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 5.0+. It is also the first phone to use Google’s In Apps that helps users find content from built-in apps including contacts, emails, text messages and photos and user-installed apps. LG says that that second screen has improved in visibility with double the brightness and 50% larger font size compared to the V10.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 75-degree lens, f/1.8 aperture, OIS and Hybrid Auto Focus (HAF) integrating three AF mechanisms – Laser Detection AF, Phase Detection AF (PDAF) and Contrast AF – for both videos and photos along with a 8-megapixel rear camera with f/2.4 aperture and 135-degree lens for capturing wide shots. It also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with a 120-degree wide-angle lens.
It has Hi-Fi Video Recording and uses Low Cut Filter (LCF) that removes unwanted background noise and Limiter (LMT) that sets recording distance. It also captures audio using 24-bit / 48 kHz Linear Pulse Code Modulation (LPCM). It has 32-bit Hi-Fi ESS SABRE ES9218 Quad DAC for a clearer sound by minimizing distortion and ambient noise by up to 50%.It supports lossless music formats including FLAC, DSD, AIFF and ALAC.
It has lightweight aluminum (AL6013 metal, found in aircraft) body with Silicone Polycarbonate (Si-PC) on the top and bottom of the phone that can protect it from damage and even meets the US Military Standard MIL-STD 810G to withstand a fall of up to 1.2 meters.
LG V20 specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD IPS Quantum display at 513 ppi
- 2.1-inch (160 x 1040 pixels) IPS Quantum Display at 513ppi
- Quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 16MP rear camera with OIS 2.0, F1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED Flash, Laser AF, PDAF, CAF, 75-degree lens and 4K video recording
- 8MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture, 135-degree lens
- 5MP front camera with f/1.9 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions – 159.7 x 78.1 x 7.6mm; Weight: 173g
- Fingerprint sensor
- ESS SABRE ES9218 Quad DAC, B&O audio, High AOP Mic
- 4G LTE, dual-band WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3200mAh removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The LG V20 comes in Titan, Silver and Pink colors and will roll out from this month starting from Korea. No word on the pricing yet.