Kyocera has announced DuraForce PRO rugged smartphone which is resistant to drops, shocks, dust, and water. The phone comes with Super Wide View Full HD (1080p) Action Camera with 135 degree lens.
DuraForce Pro sports a 13 MP rear camera that can take underwater photos. The phone is shockproof, drop-proof, and dustproof, with certifications to IP68 (waterproof up to 30 minutes, up to 2 meters deep) and Military Standard 810G for protection against dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, blowing rain, low pressure, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, immersion, temperature shock and icing/freezing rain.
The device also comes with a fingerprint senor that is baked into the power button. It supports Glove and Wet Touchscreen Operation that makes it easy to use even when wet or used with gloved hands. The device comes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Kyocera DuraForce Pro specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080p display) Full HD display
- 1.5GHz Octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 processor with X8 LTE mode
- 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable to 256GB with a microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Fingerprint Sensor
- IPX5/IPX8 waterproof, shockproof
- 13 megapixel rear-facing camera, Wide View HD Action camera
- 5 megapixel front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/r/k, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Mobile Hot Spot (for up to ten devices), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, Miracast and USB 2.0
- 3,240mAh battery, Quick Charge 2.0
The Kyocera Duraforce Pro will be available across the US in the coming months. There is no word on the pricing of the phone.