Polar has announced M600 Android Wear fitness smartwatch. It comes equipped with GPS, optical hear rate sensor and activity tracking.
The M600 is powered by MediaTek’s MT2601 system-on-chip (SoC). It includes voice control, notification support and the ability to customize watch faces. The watch has a power button and front button for quick training control. Polar users its proprietary 6-LED solution with algorithms to insure accurate heart rate and integrated GPS for 24/7 activity tracking. It tracks activity, sleep, steps, calories, and provides inactivity alerts.
Polar M600 smartwatch specifications
- 1,30″, 240 x 240 pixels, 260ppi transmissive TFT display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- MediaTek MT2601, Dual-Core 1.2GHz processor based on ARM Cortex-A7
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal storage
- Android Wear
- Optical heart rate measurement with 6 LEDs
- Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Vibration motor, Microphone
- IPX8, water resistant
- Dimensions: 45x36x13; Weight: 63g
- Bluetooth® 4.2 Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS
- 2 days / 8 hours of training (with Android phone), 1 day / 8 hours of training (with iPhone)
The Polar M600 comes in white and black variants. It will be available globally at the end of Q3 for $329 or EUR 349.