OPPO has introduced A59, the company’s latest smartphone in the A series in China. It has a 5.5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass screen, is powered by a octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor, runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Color OS 3.0, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front that can unlock the phone in under 0.22 seconds.
It has a 7.38mm slim frame and a full metal unibody design with Zirconium metal finish. It also has 4G VoLTE support.
OPPO A59 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D curved display, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 64-bit processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.4-micron pixels
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 154.5 x 76 x 7.38mm; Weight: 160g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- 3075mAh battery
The OPPO A59 comes in Rose Gold and Gold colors and is priced at 1799 yuan (US$ 274 / Rs. 18,320 approx.). It is now available for pre-order from official OPPO online shop in China and ships from June 18th.