Lenovo today announced that the Z1 smartphone powered by ZUK will launch in India on May 10th. It will be a crowd sourced launch that will allow its fans to launch the phone. The smartphone was introduced as ZUK Z1 back in August last year.
Lenovo Z1 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 100% NTSC color gamut
- 2.5GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB LPPDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal memory
- Cyanogen OS 12.1 based on Andriod 5.1.1 (Lollipop), Upgradable to Cyanogen OS 13 based on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 Exmor RS sensor, OIS, 1.12um pixels, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, OmniVision OV8865 sensor, 1.12um pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor (FPC 1155)
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 77.3 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 175 g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 4100mAh built-in battery with fast charging
The Lenovo Z1 will be available dark grey color in India. We should know the price of the smartphone at the launch next Tuesday. We had reviewed the Z1 running its own ZUI last year, check out the review here.