HP has officially announced its first Windows 10 phone Elite X3, as expected. The Elite X3 sports a 5.96-inch AMOLED display with quad HD 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution with Gorilla Glass on top.
The phone is powered by a a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage that is expandable to up to 2TB with microSD. It sports an iris scanner on the front and a fingerprint sensor on the back. The phone takes advantage of Windows 10 Continuum feature. It even comes with a couple of optional accessories – Desk Dock and Mobile Extender. The former lets you connect the Elite x3 to an external display using Continuum while the latter extends your mobile capabilities with a bigger screen, speakers, trackpad and keyboard.
HP Elite X3 specifications
- 5.96-inch AMOLED display with WQHD 2560 x 1440 px resolution, Gorilla Glass 4
- 2.15 GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4, 64GB internal storage, expandable to up to 2TB with microSD
- Windows 10
- Iris Scanner, Fingerprint sensor
- 16MP f/2.0 FHD rear-facing camera
- 8MP FHD front facing camera and Iris camera
- IP67 rating for dust- and water-resistance
- Dimensions: 83.5 x7.8 x 161.8 mm; Weight: 195g
- MIL-STD-810 rating, assuring device protection for drops from up to 1 meter
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2×2), WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE combo USB 3.0 port with Type-C connector
- 4150 mAh Li-ion polymer battery, non- removable, quick charging
There is no information about the pricing of the HP Elite X3 yet.