Xiaomi’s upcoming flagship has finally got a release date. One of the co-founders of the Chinese smartphone company has confirmed that the Mi 5 will be announced in February.
Liwan Jiang, co-founder and VP of Xiaomi has confirmed in a post on Weibo that the company will launch the Mi 5 following the Chinese New Year that falls on February 8. The post states that the Mi 5 will be equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor as expected. Furthermore, Jiang revealed that the Mi 5 has entered mass production and it will have enough stock at the time of the release. Xiaomi Mi 5 has been leaked in several renders and even a short video last month. A home button was seen in the press renders suggesting that it will be equipped with a fingerprint sensor.
Xiaomi Mi 5 rumored specifications
- 5.2-inch (2560×1440 pixels) or (1920×1080 pixels) display
- Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core SoC with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash
- 8-megapixel or 13-megapixel front-facing camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3,030mAh non-removable battery
According to the reports, the 3GB RAM, 32GB variant of the Xiaomi Mi 5 will cost 1,999 Yuan (US$ 308 / Rs. 20,548 approximately), while the 4GB RAM, 64GB model will be priced at 2,299 Yuan (US $354 / Rs. 23618 approximately).
Thanks for the tip Onkar!