Gionee has announced the M5 Plus smartphone at an event in China, as it promised. It packs a 6-inch 1080p AMOLED display with a screen-to-body ratio of 77.5% and 2.5D arc glass. It packs a 5020mAh battery with dual charging chips that offers up to 1 day of usage with just 1 hour of charging. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that promises response time of 0.1 seconds and recognition time of 0.38 seconds. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that can focus in just 0.1 seconds and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has metal body, 4G LTE connectivity, dedicated dual SIM slots, 3GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage with expansion slot and also has USB Type-C port.
Gionee M5 Plus specifications
- 6-inch (1920× 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with 2.5D arc glass
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 64GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with micro SD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Amigo OS 3.1
- Dual SIM (Micro + Micro)
- 13MP Auto Focus Camera with LED flash, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160.9 x 81.2 x 8.4mm; Weight: 208g
- 4G LTE / 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG, USB Type-C
- 5020mAh battery with fast charging
The Gionee M5 Plus comes in Gold and Silver colors and is priced at 2499 Yuan ( US$ 385 / Rs. 25595 approx.). It is now available for order from official Gionee shop and goes on sale from December 25th in China.