The latest smartphone from Gionee, the S6 has just been announced in China. We had seen the leaked images of the Gionee S6 a few days earlier and now it has gone official and they have done without the Elife branding.
One of the highlights of the phone as with previous devices in the S lineup such as the S5.5 is the slim profile. The device is just 6.9mm thick at its thickest point and 4mm at its thinnest point. While that is thicker than the S5.5, it does seem to pack in more power and features than before. The device which has a primarily metal construction houses a 5.5″ 720p AMOLED display but manages to have a relatively smaller footprint.
In fact, the device measures 151.9mm x 74.6mm in terms of height and width which is much smaller than an iPhone 6 Plus which also has the same screen size. Gionee claims that the smartphone has a screen to body ratio of 77.8% which is one of the best on any smartphone at the moment.Gionee have also joined the Type-C bandwagon as they have equipped the Elife S6 with a USB Type-C port.
Gionee Elife S6 Specifications
- Dimensions : 151.9mm x 74.6mm x 4-6.9mm, Weight : 147 grams
- 5.5″ 720p AMOLED Display (77.8% Screen to Body Ratio)
- Android 5.1.1 with AMIHO OS 3.1
- 1.3GHz Mediatek Octa-Core MT6753 Processor with Mali T-720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal Memory with microSD Card Support upto 128GB
- 13 Megapixel Primary Camera with LED Flash (Max Video Recording Resolution – 1080p)
- 5 Megapixel Front Facing Camera
- Hybrid Dual SIM Slot (1 microSIM and nanoSIM or 1 microSIM +microSD) with 4G LTE Support
- Bluetooth 4.0, USB Type-C 2.0 Port (Reversible)
- 3150mAH Battery
The smartphone will be available in both Gold and Platinum colours and will be available in China starting from 22nd November at a price of 1699 Yuan (Around Rs 17500 or US$ 266.58)