Meizu has announced the Blue Charm Metal, the company’s first smartphone that runs on Alibaba’s YunOS with Flyme UI on top. It has a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with 2.5D curved glass, is powered by a 2 GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 processor, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual tone LED flash and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that promises 0.2 seconds focus. It has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. As the name indicates, it has a unibody custom metal alloy build.
It has dual SIM support with 4G TD/FDD-LTE support in both the SIMs. The second SIM can also be used as a microSD expansion slot if needed. It has mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor from FCP integrated into the home button that can unlock the phone in 0.48 seconds and the mBack touch-sensitive button offers different functions depending on how hard you press it.
Meizu Blue Charm Metal specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) LTPS display with 2.5D curved glass, T2X-1 glass protection
- 2 GHz MediaTek Helio X10 Octa-Core 64-bit processor with PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16/32GB internal memory variants, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Flyme OS 5 based on YunOS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (SIM 2 slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- 13MP rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, 5P lenses f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 150.7x 75.3x 8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3140mAh battery
The Meizu Blue Charm Metal comes in White, Gold, Grey, Blue and Pink colors and is priced at 1099 Yuan (Rs .11,270 / US$170 approx) for the 16GB version and 1299 Yuan (Rs. 13,330 / US$204 approx.) for the 32GB version. It is now available for pre-order and will go on sale in China from November 2nd.