LG has officially announced V10, the company’s latest high-end smartphone in the V series that packs a second screen and dual front-facing cameras. It has a 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Quantum display, a second 2.1-inch (160 x 1040 pixels) screen, is powered by a 1.8 GHz hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor and runs on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) with LG UX. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS 2.0, Laser auto focus, manual mode for video to adjust options such as shutter speed, frame rate, ISO, white balance and focus while recording and dual 5-megapixel front-facing camera cameras that has two separate lenses to capture standard 80 degree selfies or wide-angle selfies of 120 degrees.
“For the wide-angle shot, the V10 employs a sophisticated software algorithm to combine images from the two separate lenses which are just far enough apart to provide two different points of view”, said the company. It also has multi-view recording that can capture at different angles utilizing all three cameras.
The second screen shows information like weather, time, date and battery icon when the main display is off. It can also be set to always-on. You can also have shortcuts of your favorite apps in the second screen to launch them quickly. It also offers notifications discreetly without blocking the view of the main screen when you are busy watching a movie or playing a game.
It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back and a 3000mAh removable battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 that can charge the phone up to 50% in just 40 minutes. It has 32 bit Hi-Fi DAC by ESS Technology for an enhanced audio output and Qualcomm Technologies’ TruSignal antenna boost technology that intelligently optimizes signal strength to reduce dropped calls, faster data and better call coverage. The frame of the V10 is made of SAE grade 316L stainless steel that ensures maximum durability and the soft Dura Skin on the bottom and the back offers protection from direct impacts. LG also says that the phone even meets the US Military Standard MIL-STD 810G to withstand a fall of up to 1.2 meters.
LG V10 specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD In-cell Touch Quantum display at 513 ppi
- 2.1-inch (160 x 1040 pixels) IPS Quantum Display at 513ppi
- 1.8 GHz hexa-core Snapdragon 808 processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 16MP rear camera with OIS 2.0, F1.8 aperture, LED Flash, Laser AF and 4K video recording
- 5MP Dual Lens (80-degree Standard Angle / 120-degree Wide Angle)
- Dimensions – 159.6×79.3×8.6 mm; Weight: 192 grams
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC, Slim Port
- 3,000mAh removable battery with Quick Charge 2.0
The LG V10 comes in Space Black, Luxe White, Modern Beige, Ocean Blue and Opal Blue colors and will go on sale Korea starting this month followed United States, China and key countries in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. LG did not reveal the pricing yet.