BlackBerry has launched Porsche Design P’9983 Graphite, its luxury smartphone in India. The Porsche Design P’9983 smartphone originally announced last September and the Graphite Edition was introduced back in April. It has colored elements and hand-wrapped leather on the back door cover. The keyboard has an exclusive keypad with specially crafted glass-like keys with the durability of rigid synthetic material, blackened glass and a graphite stainless steel color frame.
It has BBM with Unique PIN that is instantly recognizable as a Porsche Design user. BlackBerry also provides an exclusive Porsche Design PIN range – 2AAXXXXX. Other specifications of the smartphone are similar to the original Porsche Design P’9983.
BlackBerry Porsche Design P’9983 specifications
- 3.1 inch (720 x 720 pixels ) 24-bit color OLED display
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon (MSM8960) processor
- 2 GB RAM, 64GB storage, microSD slot (Up to 128 GB)
- Touch screen navigation and full QWERTY physical keyboard
- BlackBerry OS 10
- 8 MP Autofocus rear camera with LED flash, 5 element F2.2 lens, 1080p HD video recording
- 2 MP front-facing camera, 720p HD video recording
- FM Radio
- Dimensions: 119 mm x 67.1 mm x 10.6 mm; Weight: 140g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC , Micro HDMI, GPS GLONASS
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Compass, Ambient Light Sensor and Proximity sensor
- 2100 mAh removable battery
The BlackBerry Porsche Design P’9983 Graphite is priced at Rs. 99,990 and will be available from select retailers in India soon.
Commenting on the launch, Hitesh Shah, Director – Sales and Distribution, at BlackBerry India, said:
With the launch of the new P’9983 Graphite from BlackBerry, we bring a unique stylish smartphone combined with the superior productivity and ultimate security experience of BlackBerry 10 technology for our Indian consumers. This new smartphone is custom-built for power professionals aiming to make a style statement while not willing to compromise on effective communication and collaboration.
Roland Heiler, Chief Design Officer of the Porsche Design Group, said:
The iconic styling of the new P’9983 Graphite from BlackBerry is technically inspired with longevity, integrity, and individuality at its core. It will offer a new way to express individual style with the luxury of being one step ahead.