Asus has announced the Zenfone Max, the company’s latest smartphone at the ZenFestival. It packs a 5000mAh battery and has a leather back. It can also be used to charge other devices. The smartphone is just 5.2mm thick, says the company.
It has a 5.5-inch HD screen, is powered by a Snapdragon 410 SoC and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with real-tone LED flash, Laser auto focus and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has dual SIM support with 4G connectivity on both.
Asus Zenfone Max (ZC550KL) specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning gorilla glass 4 protection
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 8GB / 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Zen UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Real Tone flash, Laser Auto Focus
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 5000mAh (non-removable) battery
The Asus Zenfone Max will be available in India sometime in October, but the company has not announced the pricing yet.
Dhruv Bhutani contributed to the report