Lenovo A5000, the latest smartphone in the A series is now available in India through retail stores, according to Mumbai-based retailer Mahesh Telecom. It has a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display, features an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the A6000, but this is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek processor and packs 4000mAh battery that promises up to 35 hours talk time and up to 33.5 days standby.
Lenovo A5000 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor with Mali 400 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Vibe 2.0 UI
- Dual (mini + micro) SIM
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 140x 71.4 x 9.98mm, Weight:160 grams
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4000mAh battery
The Lenovo A5000 comes in Black and White colors and is priced Rs. 10,250 in India, according to the retailer. It is expected to launch officially in a few days.
[Update: The Lenovo A5000 is now available through Lenovo’s TheDoStore for Rs. 9999.]