Sony has announced that It has started rolling out Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update (v23.1.A.0.690) for Xperia Z3 Dual, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra smartphones. It rolled out Lollipop update for Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablet last week. It already promised to update Xperia C3 and Xperia T2 Ultra smartphones. Both these smartphones including the Dual SIM Xperia C3 variant will get the Lollipop update next week said Sony.
Sony has also promised to offer Android 5.0 update for other Z series devices, including Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z in the next few weeks. Roll out for all these devices might vary across different carriers and countries.
New features in Android 5.0 Lollipop update for Sony devices
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design.
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need.
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play.
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem.
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space.