Xiaomi has announced the Redmi 2A smartphone in China to celebrate its 5th anniversary. It is a variant of the Redmi 2 and has the same 4.7-inch HD screen, but this is powered by a 1.5GHz quad-core Leadcore L1860C processor instead of Snapdragon 410 64-bit SoC. Other specifications are similar, including Android 4.4 (KitKat) with MIUI 6 on top, 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, Dual SIM support and 4G LTE connectivity. It also comes in separate China Unicom and China Telecom variants with support for suitable bands.
Xiaomi Redmi 2A specifications
- 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display
- 1.5 GHz quad-core LCI L1860C processor with Mali T628 dual-core GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card up to 32GB
- Dual SIM
- MIUI v6 on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- 4G LTE/3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2200mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 2A comes in White, Dark gray, Bright Yellow, Light Green and Pink colors and is priced at 599 Yuan (US$ 97 / 6,049 approx.) originally, but is available at 499 Yuan (US$ 80 / 5,035 approx.) only on April 8th. No details about the global roll out yet.