BlackBerry has announced the BlackBerry Leap, the company’s latest full touch smartphone at the MWC 2015. It comes with a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) 16:9 display, is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor and runs on the latest BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 OS with BlackBerry Assistant feature and Amazon app store to download Android apps easily.
It packs a 2800mAh battery that promises up to 25 hrs of battery life even with heavy use. The back has rubberized feel and tiny patterns similar to the BlackBerry Z3.
BlackBerry Leap specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 (MSM8960) processor with Adreno 225 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- BlackBerry OS 10.3.1
- 8MP Auto-Focus rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p HD video recording at 30fps
- 2MP Fixed-Focus front-facing camera with 720p HD video recording
- Dimensions: 144 x 72.8 x 9.5 mm; Weight: 170g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS + GLONASS
- 2800mAh integrated non-removable battery
The BlackBerry Leap comes in Grey color and is priced at $275 (Rs. 17,000 approx.). It will roll out in April starting from Europe.