Asus has introduced Zenfone 2 ZE500CL, a smaller 5-inch variant of the 5.5-inch ZenFone 2 (ZE551ML) model that was announced at the CES last month. This was showcased at an event in Taiwan recently, but it is not listed on the official website yet, so the specifications might not be completely correct.
It runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) out of the box and the design of the smartphone is slightly different from the 5.5-inch Zenfone 2 variant. Most of the specifications of the smartphone are different compared to the the ZE551ML model that includes a 5-inch HD screen, is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2560 processor, comes with a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
Asus Zenfone 2 ZE500CL specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning gorilla glass 3 protection
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2560 processor
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB via micro SD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 10.9 mm thick and weighs 155g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500 mAh battery
The Asus Zenfone 2 ZE500CL will go on sale in Taiwan on March 9th along with the ZenFone 2 ZE551ML model. No details about the pricing, but this should definitely be cheaper than the 5.5-inch Zenfone 2 model.