ASUS has announced Pegasus X002, the company’s latest budget smartphone in China that competes with the Xiaomi Redmi 1S smartphone. It has a 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive multi-touch IPS display, is powered by a 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6732 64-bit processor with ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit CPUs and Mali-T760 GPU and runs on Android 4.4 (Kitkat) with Zen UI on top. It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual SIM support and even has TD-LTE support. It packs 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage with expansion slot and packs a 2500mAh battery.
ASUS Pegasus X002 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) capacitive multi touch display
- 1.5 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6732 64-bit processor with Mali-T760 GPU
- 2GB RAM,16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB via micro SD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Zen UI
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 88-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions:146 x 73 x 9.9mm; Weight 140g
- 4G TD-LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500 mAh battery
The ASUS Pegasus X002 comes in Charcoal Black and Pearl White colors with back cover in Red and Gold colors. It is priced at 799 Yuan (US$129 / Rs. 8125 approx.) in China. Currently there are not details about the global roll out. It would be great if it launches in India since it has TD-LTE support.
Thanks Bhorer Pakhi for the tip!