Sony released Xperia C3, a selfie focused smartphone with 5MP camera in July. Today two different reports are suggesting that the company is making a selfie centered smartphone or a compact camera.
Firstly, digi-wo has posted a bunch of photos of the Sony device that has a camera situated at the top of the phone in the center. According to the photos, it will have a swivel camera that we have already seen on Oppo N1 and Gionee Elife E7 mini. The camera lens is encompassed in a transparent rectangular case over the top of the phone.
In addition to the photos, another report further states rumored specifications of the camera:-
- Sensor 1 / 2.3-inch Exmor RS. The number of pixels 19.2 million effective pixels
- Lens Sony G lens. Conversion 21mm F2 (4: 3). Conversion 23mm F2 (16: 9)
- Optical image stabilization
- ND filter built-in
- Monitor 3 inches 1.23 million dots
- The shutter speed -1/8000 seconds 2 seconds
- Camera application corresponding
- MicroSD / SDHC / SDXC
- Wi-Fi, NFC
- The size is 57.7mm x 125mm x 20.1mm
- 120 g Weight (body only). (Including media and battery) 136 g
Meanwhile, report from Sonyalpharumors suggests that Sony is making a compact camera that is dubbed as KW1. Strangely, this camera also has the same exact specifications similar to the aforementioned selfie smartphone. Hence, it is not clear if Sony is making both the devices or is the compact camera the same device used on the selfie smartphone.
A Chinese model has posted an image of the selfie camera on webio. Sony would unveil it in China on August 22nd.
via: GforGames, Sonyalpharumors