Asus has announced MeMO Pad 8 (ME581CL), a refreshed version of last year’s MeMO Pad 8 at the Computex 2014. It has a 8-inch (1200×1920 pixels) IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, powered by a 2.3 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Zen UI on top. It has a 5-megapixel rear camera and a 1.2-megapixel front-facing camera.
It is just 7.45mm thick and weighs 299 grams, much thinner than last year’s MeMO Pad 8. Asus has also added LTE support and it has dual speakers with ASUS SonicMaster audio technology for enhanced audio output.
Asus MemoPad 8 (ME581CL) specifications
- 8-inch (1200×1920 pixels) Full HD IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 processor
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 5MP rear camera
- 1.2MP HD front-facing camera
- 7.45 mm thick and weighs 299 grams
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, MicroSD card slot
- Accelerometer and e-compass
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS
- 15.2Wh Li-Po battery with up to 9 hours of battery life
The Asus MemoPad 8 comes in White, Pink and Blue colors. It would be available in Q3 2014. No word on pricing yet. We will be bringing you more details about the tablet and more devices from the Computex 2014.