Micromax announced their latest flagship – Micromax Canvas Turbo without any launch event which was kind of a surprise to everyone. As expected, Micromax launched the Canvas Turbo with a Full HD display and a better quad-core processor. Micromax are sort of late to the 5inch Full HD category as Gionee Elife E6 was already launched and recently Intex Aqua i7 made its presence known(with a bunch of TV ads). Another Indian manufacturer Zen launched their Full HD smartphone – Zen 701 Ultrafone Full HD.
The specifications of Micromax Canvas Turbo are not much different from its predecessor(Micromax Canvas 4) except for its display and only its solid build quality thanks to an aluminum unibody has to set it apart from the other similar priced phones. Specifications of Micromax Canvas Turbo are as follows
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD CGS (Continuous Grain Silicon) IPS display
- 1.5 GHz MediaTek MT6589T quad-core processor
- 2GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory (12.47 GB user memory)
- Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Dual SIM (GSM + WCDMA) with Dual Standby (One standard SIM and one Micro-SIM)
- 13MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, 1080p Full HD video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 8.66mm thick
- Connectivity options – 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, aGPS
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Light Sensor, Motion Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Magnetic Sensor, Gyroscope Sensor
- 2000 mAh battery
In terms of build quality, Micromax Canvas Turbo is surprisingly pleasant to hold on to. Micromax Canvas Turbo looks a lot like the smaller version of Micromax Canvas Doodle 2 which was also launched with an aluminum unibody. You can check out the unboxing post to know more about the box contents of the device.
At the first look, the device looks quite premium because of the materials used.
The back of the device resembles the Canvas Doodle 2 a lot because of the metal segment at the center which is separated from both the upper and bottom parts.
You can check out the entire gallery right below.