Google Maps for iOS v2.0 update brings iPad support, Enhanced navigation and more
Google has updated the Google Maps app for iOS to version 2.0 that finally brings a new design for iPad. This update also brings new features including enhanced search and navigation, Explore feature and more. Google Maps for Android got these features in the version 7.0 update that started rolling out last week.
New features in Google Maps for iOS v2.0
- Optimized iPad experience for a larger screen, including Street View
- Enhanced navigation including live traffic updates, incident reports and dynamic rerouting
- Biking directions and navigation for bike enthusiasts including turn-by-turn directions and voice guided navigation for more than 330,000 miles of trails
- Explore: a new way to browse and discover popular local places to eat, drink, shop, play and sleep
- Simple 5-star ratings and reviews from friends, plus expert Zagat content
- Great deals from your favourite brands with Google Offers
- Indoor maps with walking directions for shopping centres, public transport stations, airports and more
Download Google Maps for iPhone and iPad from the Apple iTunes Store for free, if you don’t have it yet.