Long time back in August 2012, we had seen the Xiaomi MI-2 launch in China with it being the successor to the first MIUI phone, from the makers of the MIUI ROMs for Android. It has a 4.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display and is one of the first devices to pack the APQ8064 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor with Adreno 320 Graphics. It runs on the MIUI ROM based on Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean). We had some hands on time with the Xiaomi MI-2 at the International CES 2013 and here is a hands on video demo of it.
The Xiaomi MI-2 is the phone that runs on the MIUI ROM that’s been critically acclaimed of being one of the best looking Android ROMs on the internet. Here’s a quick look at the specifications of the phone.
Xiaomi MI-2 specifications
- 4.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with 342 PPI resolution
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor with Adreno 320 Graphics
- Android 4.1 (MIUI ROM)
- 10.2 mm thick and weights 145g.
- 8MP camera with LED flash, with f/2.0 large aperture and 1080p HD video recording at 30 fps, 720p recording at 90 fps
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory
- 3G HSPA+ 42 Mbps , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz) with Wi-Fi Streaming, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG, MHL (HDMI)
- 2000 mAh battery
In our experience, the blockbuster MI-2 phone from China is pretty good! What do you think? Let us know in the comments section below.
Bharadwaj contributed to this report, with inputs from Shilpa and Parth.