Sony has announced Xperia E and Xperia E dual, new Android Smartphones in the Xperia series. The Xperia E is the single SIM phone, while the Xperia E dual comes with dual-SIM support. These phones have a 3.5-inch (320 x 480 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen and is powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7227A processor similar to the Xperia J. Xperia E comes with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), while the Xperia E dual would launch on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and is upgradable to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean). These have a 3.2 megapixel camera with VGA video recording.
Sony Xperia E and E dual Specifications
- 3.5-inch (480 x 320 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display
- Dual SIM (Xperia E dual)
- Xperia E – Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Xperia E dual – Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) (Upgradable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean)
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM7227A processor
- 11 mm thick and weighs 115.7 g
- 3.2 megapixel camera
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi b/g/n, DLNA, GPS / aGPS
- 512MB RAM, 4 GB internal memory (2.2 GB user memory), up to 32 GB expandable memory with microSD
- 1500 mAh battery
These have HD Voice and noise cancellation for better call quality and xLoud for better audio output. The Xperia E would come in black, white and pink colors and the Xperia E dual would be available in black and gold. These phones would be available in Q1 2013.