ZTE has announced Small Fresh 5, the company’s latest smartphone in the Small Fresh series in China. It has a 5-inch HD screen, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 425 SoC and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MiFavor UI and has a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a 2-megapixel secondary camera to capture depth information. This lets you adjust aperture from f/1.0 to f/8.0. There is a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
Unlike the predecessor, this doesn’t have a complete metal design, instead the company has used anodized texture paint and custom metal spraying process to achieve a metal texture. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phones in seconds.
ZTE Small Fresh 5 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 processor with 500MHz Adreno 308 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 16GB internal storage / 4GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) based MiFavor UI 4.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, secondary 2MP camera
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 145×70.7×7.9mm;Weight: 132g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 2500mAh battery
The ZTE Small Fresh 5 comes in Dark Night Gray, Elegant Gold, Glacier Blue and Green colors and is priced at 999 yuan (US$ 146 / Rs. 9430 approx.) for the 3GB RAM with 16GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs 1399 yuan (US$ 204 / Rs. 13210 approx.). It will go on sale starting from July 5.