After rolling out Android 7.0 (Nougat) update for the Xperia XA Ultra, Sony Mobile has also started rolling out the update for the Xperia XA as well in India and several other countries. It was launched in India back in July last year running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), and the company confirmed Nougat update for several smartphones including the Xperia XA in August last year.
The update brings the latest Android 7.0 features such as multi window support, long battery life, improved messaging app, smart home screen, new notification panel and more. It also brings May 2017 Android security patch. Check out the complete changelog below.
- Android version 7.0 (Nougat).
- Multi-window support: Multitasking made easy – run two apps simultaneously, double tap to switch between each.
- Longer battery life: Do more for longer, with improved battery life powered by Google and Xperia.
- Messaging: More ways to tell your story with Messaging – share videos and audio with a few taps.
- Front camera interface: Snap simpler selfies with the all-new self-timer button.
- Home screen: A smarter and more personal Xperia™ home screen.
The Nougat update v33.3.A.0.127 is 838.6MB in size and is available for the dual SIM version in India as well as single SIM version in several other countries. It should be roll out to other countries gradually.