ZTE has announced Quartz, a budget smartwatch running Android Wear 2.0. It has a 1.4-inch circular AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor. It has IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance.
Since this is a budget smartwatch it doesn’t have a heart rate sensor but it packs a huge 500mAh battery that promises up to 2 days of standby on a single charge.
ZTE Quartz specifications
- 1.4-inch (400 x 400 pixels) Circular AMOLED Display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 (MSM8909W) processor
- 768MB LPDDR3 RAM, 4GB eMMC
- Android Wear 2.0 OS (compatible with smartphones running Android 4.3 and iOS)
- Dust and Water Resistant (IP67)
- Dimensions: 45.72 x 14.47mm; Weight: 89g
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Barometer
- Built-in speaker and microphone for calling
- 500mAh battery
The ZTE Quartz comes in Blue color and also comes with interchangeable wrist bands. It costs $199 (Rs. 12,830 approx.) and is compatible with T-Mobile’s network. It will be available exclusively from TMobile.com beginning Friday, April 14 and in select T-Mobile stores beginning Friday, April 21."ZTE Quartz Android Wear 2.0 water resistant smartwatch announced",