Xiaomi also announced the Mi 5S Plus along with the Mi 5S smartphone in China. It has a 5.7-inch 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 processor and runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has dual 13-megapixel rear cameras with Sony IMX258, one that captures in black and white and also has Dual image processor for processing the image captured using two sensor for the best quality shot.
It has dual-tone LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus, 4K video recording and a 4-megapixel front-facing camera with pixel size of 2 microns.
It has USB Type-C port and packs a 3800mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. It has full metal unibody design and is just 7.95mm thick. It has a standard fingerprint sensor on the back.
Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display, 550 nits brightness, 94% NTSC color gamut, 1300 : 1 contrast ratio
- 2.35GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage / 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX258 sensor, PDAF, 4K video recording, 120fps slomo at 720p
- 4MP front-facing camera with 2um pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint scanner, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 154.6x 77.7x 7.95 mm; Weight: 168 g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3800mAh (typ) / 3700mAh (min) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus comes in Gold, Dark Grey, Silver and Rose Gold colors and is priced at 2299 yuan (US$ 344 / Rs. 22,910 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage variant, while the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variant costs 2599 yuan (US$ 389 / Rs. 25,900 approx.) . It will be available in China from September 29th.